The ‘car of the year’ 2013 was awarded to SEAT’s Popular model Leon, SEAT’s model linep includes Supermini, Mii citycar, Altea and Altea XL MPVs’, Alhambra people carier and new Toledo, in addition to award winning Leon.
Along with the ‘car of the year 2013’ SEAT Leon scooped into What Car? magazine’s best supermini less than £16,000, on other hand ‘Best MPV 2013’ title was awarded to SEAT Alhambra.
Award history :
- The Landaben plant, 100% owned by SEAT, S.A. by that time, received in 1986 the World quality award
- The Martorell plant, 100% owned by SEAT, S.A., received in 1998 the Best factory of the VW Group in the first quarter award.
- The Barcelona ‘Gearbox del Prat’ plant, 100% owned by SEAT, S.A., received in 2009 the Volkswagen Excellence award for its high-quality manufacturing process and product.
- The SEAT brand itself in 2009 has been named ‘Most Improved Used Car Brand of the decade’ in the CAP Used Car of the Decade Awards.
- ‘AvD Innovationspreis 2006’ award for technological innovations developed at the SEAT Technical Centre in Martorell, from the German automobile club ‘Automobilclub von Deutschland’ (AvD)
- In the 2007 Barcelona International motor show SEAT received two awards for the best technological innovations in the automotive sector, for the LED modules implementation in headlights and the project of virtual fabrication and applied ergonomics.
- ‘Best project in the use of an electronic signature in the private sector in 2008’ for SEAT’s electronic invoicing system, by the Catalan Certification Agency (CATCert)
- ‘Best logistics initiative 2007’ award for the SEAT-Autometro project, by the International Logistics Salon
- ‘Port of Barcelona’s Distinguished Loader prize in 2008’ , by the Port of Barcelona’s Loaders’ Association